If you’re like many companies who sell B2B and/or B2C, your website is probably not earning straight A’s. It may not be a total failure, but chances are it isn’t really meeting your needs – or your customers’ needs.
In today’s global, internet-driven economy, both potential customers and current customers have a world of options at their fingertips. Your website should make it easy for them to find you and buy from you - again and again.
So what can you do to improve your grade? Here are some tips:
- Make it search-engine friendly. Have you ever started to type something into a search engine and had it suggest what you were looking for after only a few keystrokes? Those search engines can be pretty sharp! But they need some help from your website on the back end.With the proper SEO, your entire product catalog can be search engine optimized to help you cast a wider net and generate new traffic. Without proper SEO, your products will be buried deep in the results.
“The best place to hide a dead body is page 2 of Google search results.”
- Get easy access to content management. Relying on external resources or highly technical staff to make changes to your website data limits your ability to keep it current and can result in inaccurate product information and loss of sales. Most website providers now offer easy to use content management tools that allow you to modify content as needed.
- Integrate your ecommerce website with your ERP Solution. By integrating your site with your ERP Solution, you can increase sales and improve customer service by allowing your customers to:
- browse, search for, and find products
- place orders
- check order status
- view invoices
- track shipments
- update account information
- see their unique pricing and terms
…anywhere, anytime, on any device.
If you want your B2B and/or B2C ecommerce website to earn you top marks, watch this two minute video: Customer Self-Service Portal and contact us to learn more.